Saturday, September 17

Guild Wars again

So, I've started to play Guild Wars again. 6h today, 4h yesterday and BOY did I miss it! I've been starting to try and gather up some items to trade in for the Halloween event's special items. And when I farm, I just play the dang game because I'm only getting them for my own amusement anyway.

And to get into the spirit of Halloween I'm starting to draw my necro:



Art-wise I'm trying to master anatomy. For some reason the bodies turn out super weird when I do the "proper technique" so I had to edit the blueprint sketch I made for this pic several times, and the feet still look like dough lumps.

What I'm trying to master the most is the hip/groin area. For some reason, I'm just as bad at that as I am with armpits. Yes, armpits, boobs and hips. Evil they are. What's the hardest for me when it comes to the groin area is the hipbones, the fat-distribution where the ass meet the leg and the gender area itself. I really can't draw it properly. Male groins are not to be spoken of... I make a bulge and that's that. Just looking at penis/groin tutorials makes me wanna cry. My life model though is a bit easier for my mind and fear of genders (more like utter and complete disgust loath abhor rather than fear) but I still can't draw it... Ugh...

Would be nice if I could make some cute pin-ups. Only for the sake of that I for some reason have the impression that all good artist should be able to draw a pin-up. Probably because I have no sense of sexiness and find it extremely hard to make a pinup. Also, the poses used in drawings are very hard to do in real life, so I haven't seen much of them to study...

One thing I find very peculiar is that the more I practice drawing something, the worse I become at making it. It might have something to do with what Platon said (or was it Socrates?) "The more I know, the less I know I know". Or "The more I learn, the more I know how little I know". The results are still that it becomes uglier though. More correct I suppose, but uglier. Not in the "real life is uglier than prettified art"-way but just plain ugly.

Hopefully I'll get better though. I'm gonna use my "I'm so tired I don't know what I'm doing"-days to doodling, since doodles can be ugly. Like "U jelly" scull I made and the cheesy ugly doodles of one of my favorite original characters couple. Doodling is for art progress what eating is for the body. When I stopped doodling as I quit school I started to starve art-wise and easier got into art-blocks as well as I lost a little of the fun.

Now: Sleep.
Tomorrow: Colouring, more Guild Wars and hopefully food.

G'night.

No comments:

Post a Comment