Thursday, June 14

Inflammation in the Wrist

So...

For the last 4 weeks I've had this pain in my right wrist, it's been sneaking up on me slowly, and reached it's peak two weeks ago, not last weekend, but the weekend before that. The following Tuesday I went to see a doctor. He told me it was an inflammation in the wrist, put me on a 10 day cure with anti-inflammatory painkillers. I'm on day 9 and it still hurts me to tears. It's not one bit better. I do give that with the painkillers I can move my hand a bit and use it somewhat (I can type) but it still hurts. Turning my palm upwards is impossible and having it facing downwards is possible but hurts.

I've had a lot of mild fevers during this last week; from 37,3ºC to 38,1ºC. Note that my normal body temperature is around 36,2ºC.

So this has made me fairly unsociable and frustrated. I'm the type that when in pain becomes restless and flustered. Mostly restless and bored. I want to do things, but I can't since I'm in pain and that makes me frustrated and more restless.

What really annoys me in all of this is: I'm sitting here, about to cry from the pain, but I know that when I wake up tomorrow my wrist is gonna be a lot less painful because of the pill I just took, and I will be all "Maybe I just have to wait out the treatment" and "It doesn't hurt that bad, let's wait and see. Perhaps it's better." which will make me avoid seeing a doctor. I strongly dislike doctors, it's a stress and pain to see them; I feel stupid, ridiculed and not believed. On top of it all, I'm the kind who goes "if it's not bothering me right now it doesn't exist" which is also how doctors are; can't see it, it doesn't exist. So while at the doctors, I draw a blank and I can't voice my pains.

And no matter how much I try to push on how extremely lethargic I feel and the constant malaise, they act as if they didn't hear me.

I want to see a doctor now, but it's almost 10PM so I have to visit an emergency room if I want to meet one, and those doctors are the worse ones! In a way I hope it hurts this much in the morning too so that I really get taken seriously.

Dang it, I have to stop typing... I'm crying.

No comments:

Post a Comment