Thursday, December 5

Another bump in the road

Soo, I built this new computer, and while I'm building, we notice there's not enough power outlets for all the fans. Ok, not the end of the world since we bought extra fans so it's already ventilated properly. Then... The CD/DVD reader is not supported by the motherboard. Fine, I can install the OS through a USB memory only... the only USB memory I had big enough for the OS refused to become bootable saying it was write protected. So I had to buy a new one. Now, USB memory set up with the OS and nice new refurnishing as the case is too large to fit on the desk... I notice that the graphics card doesn't support VGA, and hey guess what all our screen and cables are!

If the screens and reader were supported, this computer would have been up and running 2 weeks ago. Now We have to go buy a new cable because thankfully we have a small TV screen that supports DVI. But we still need to pay up more money and wait for the item to be shipped, and the user can forget about dual screens.

Oh well. It's STILL fun to build.

Now I gotta go out into the snow rain and walk my poor dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment