Tuesday, May 4

Beyond grace?


Last week I got an interview for a small part time job, which I actually got too. I started on the first of may and have been working one hour every morning this week (I was free Sunday) which is the amount of time I spend on the job; I clean a coffee shop once a day on the even weeks. And apart from that job, I have been offered a week of internship at the restaurant in the museum, which I am also attending this week. So I have been working hard these two days. I wonder how dead I'll be on Saturday, which I am also working during the day.

What is really nice with the internship in the restaurant is that I get two meals there; breakfast and lunch. The food is really delicious and the work really fun, though way too tiring and heavy for me, and dries out my hands completely.

Working hard is something I really like. When I get home around half passed four my feet hurt so bad I can't stand up any more, and I'm so tired I fall asleep instantly if I lay down. It's wearing me out completely, but for a week I can do it.

I think people complaining on their wages are silly; for food and lodging I could do almost any work, provided my body was healthy. It doesn't take much money to survive, but I guess the luxury a lot of people in this country have is really important. I'm not saying that everyone should work like slaves for food and lodging only, but I do think more people should try working for food and lodging only for a while to learn how fortunate they actually are to be able to live as they do today.

Well... Guess I'll take a shower before I need to go to sleep again.

G'night y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment