Monday, March 21

Work work work

So, today I've actually worked somewhat for real. Up at 5:30am, away at 6 and starting to work in Sotenäs. I got hired for the day to help doing some house clean-out before it was handed over to the new owner. 6h work, 2h travel, though I'm only getting paid for 6h I got free lunch from my boss and a ride there, so I'm not complaining.

The lunch we had was pizza, and the pizzeria offered exotic food like "havetsleckerheter" and the differently spelled bearnaise sauce and the mysterious vegetable tomay. And the healthy alternative "Valfris allad"- or maybe that's the table prayer? (this section is only funny to swedes)


Funny thing was, the woman who hired us wanted us to clean out the boiler room, with the instruction "This is more important than the kitchen, and everything else!" She actually expected it to be sparkling clean. It didn't of course, the soot was already sucked into the walls, and it was soot everywhere. We cleaned off the machinery and did whatever we could with everything else, and took about 4 hours, JUST that room. Then we had to take the soot-filled room next to it... We were two people on those two room. But it got done, and I'm pretty sure my boss was happy to not have to do that dirty-work...

Once home, I crashed dead. It was just such a nice feeling to go out and work with my body, I really miss doing that, but I can't do it too often because of this stupid body of mine. My hands are crying, I have about five more cracks in them now, despite wearing gloves all day. But they will heal, I hope.

When I woke up I was intending to push up my one hour cleaning job to tomorrow morning, but in last minute I decided to go work anyway so that I won't have to break up my sleep tomorrow morning. It felt nice to do as well.

So now I sit here feeling good about a full day's work. But that's all I've had time to do. Tomorrow I'm hoping for some housework being done, perhaps a trip to the mall (which I have been planning for 3 weeks now) and some drawing.

We'll see what happens. I have to shop for food at least, otherwise there won't be any dinner tomorrow.

G'night now.

No comments:

Post a Comment